With current social distancing measures in place, we have had to reimagine our annual Plein Air Kids Paint-Out. We’re excited to announce that the event will still take place this year, but in a virtual format.
Introducing the Virtual Kids Paint-In!
This year’s event will not take place in Uptown Mt. Lebanon – instead, you can create your artwork from your own home or yard and submit your artwork online.
Submissions Accepted: Now through May 24
3 Ways to Win!
The first 50 submissions will receive a surprise gift from a Mt Lebanon business!
People’s Choice Online Voting: June 1-5
Judges Awards Announced: June 6, 2020
Award Age Categories: 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-12 / 13-18
Winning artwork will be collected and displayed in the Mt. Lebanon Municipal Building
This year’s virtual format gives you an exciting opportunity to explore your home base and discover things that you may have never noticed before. Imagine where your thoughts could take you!
Your submission must be on paper (9”x12” max), but you’re welcome to use any materials you can find around the house. Graphite pencils, markers, color pencils, paint, crayons — the choice of medium is yours! Plus, there are tons of non-art related items around the house that you can use to supplement your art kit: q-tips for blending, paper clips for scratching, sponges for Impressionist effects, bubble wrap, and even your own fingers. Get creative!
Rules for Entry
- This event is open to kids & teens aged 3-18 years old who live in, or attend school in, the Mt. Lebanon community.
- Only one (1) entry per student.
- There is no fee to participate.
- Artwork must be two dimensional, on paper (9”x12” max)
- All artwork must be photographed, and a hi-resolution image must be submitted online.
- The artwork must be created by the artist; this is not a photography contest.
- Artwork must be original in concept, design, and execution, and must not violate any U.S copyright laws.
Tips from Sandra Ward Studios
Click here for updates and tips from Sandra Ward of Sandra Ward Studios.
By submitting your entry to the Virtual Kids Paint-In, you are granting permission for the Mt. Lebanon Partnership to share your submission with contest judges and potentially post on the Partnership website and social media channels for promotional purposes.