The proposed improvement must have a documented beneficial impact on the community demonstrating public purpose otherwise the funds must be in the form of a loan with re-payment options.
- Façade Grants: $50,000 = $5,000 per façade
- Exterior building improvements in Main Street boundaries
- Must be matched dollar-for-dollar by owner of the property
- Strong demand
- Signs, paint, design assistance + façade renovations
Anchor Building Grants
$500,000 or 30% of project costs (whichever is less) + must be a SIGNIFICANT downtown building
Usually provided as a grant to the applicant and as a loan to the developer. Municipality must be a participant in the Revolving Loan Fund that received the loan payment(s).
- Greater than 10,000sf
- Vacant or underutilized
- Considered by the community to be an important downtown building that is vital to the downtown’s health as evidenced by its key part in the downtown strategy
- Structurally sound building that is eligible for, or already listed on the National Historic Register
- Local business expansion or creation
- New or improved tax revenues for the Municipality
- Coordination between local and county government and other public agencies
- Eligible activities
- Site improvements
- Reconfiguration of interior space
- Phase I environmental
- Public Infrastructure
- Financial documentation from the borrower evidencing the borrower’s ability to pay back the loan must be submitted with application.
$500,000 or 30% of project costs, whichever is less.
Rehab/new construction of a structure(s) on previously developed sites or locations experiencing blighting conditions where a for-profit entity or private sector firm will own the improved building or site after the work is completed.
- Public Improvement Grant - $500,000 w/ a dollar-for-dollar match.
- Public space improvements
- Recovery from natural disaster
*GRANTS ARE AVAILABLE BASED ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS. ALL FUNDS ARE SOURCED AT THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA.
Contact Eric Milliron at email@example.com