Scholarship Details and Rules
Due to the success of the 2017 Mt. Lebanon Artists’ Market Raffle, we would like to recognize the talent of a Mt. Lebanon resident graduating in 2018. We are offering a $1000 scholarship for a graduate who will be attending an accredited higher education art program in the fall of 2018.
A distinguished panel of judges will review all applications and after careful consideration select one student to receive the award. Judging will be based on the following criteria:
- Future art plans
In order to be considered for this award, you must submit:
- A completed information form;
- Five jpegs of work that illustrate your talent and skill set (including the piece you use for your essay);
- A one-page essay explaining most or all of the following:
1. Why does this piece have personal significance to you?
2. What were the highlights, discoveries, and setbacks that accompanied the experience of creating this piece?
3. What did you learn from this process?
4. Was this one of your favorite mediums? Please explain.
5. Has this piece provided inspiration for your future work, and if so, in what way(s)?
Upon completion of the judges’ review, finalists will be asked to attend an interview. At that time, each individual will be asked to bring the artwork from the essay. Please note that financial need is not a requirement. Additionally, each finalist must bring a letter of acceptance from the institution he or she will attend.
Please submit all of the above and the information form by May 1, 2018. Entries must be e-mailed to the Mt. Lebanon Partnership at mtlebopartnership.org.